Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources for Students        Parent Resources       Information

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Crew News March 21, 2012

iPad Apps
During our recent conferences, some parents have asked me for iPad app recommendations. I do have several apps on the iPads we use in our classroom but I haven't done an exhaustive search for apps at all. I much prefer apps that have kids creating something so my current favorite apps are Toontastic, ShowMe and ScreenChomp. (ShowMe has been having some "bug" issues recently so we are waiting for those to be fixed. They app creators are emailing me with ideas and suggestions. Another similar app that I just found is called Educreations. We may switch to that if I can't get the ShowMe issues figured out.) I also have links to our crew blog and to our Kidblogs so that students can blog on the iPads as well. I do have some apps that help our crew practice basic skills in math, phonics and spelling. Below are some photos of the apps that we have on our iPads if you are interested. If you have some great recommendations of some free apps for us, we would love to hear about them. (You can click on the picture to see a larger version of the photo.)





Homework
Reading ~ Read a good book or two.
Math ~ Practice basic addition and subtraction facts using fact triangles or some other method.


Library
No library this week due to TCAP make-up testing. All library books are due before spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment