Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources for Students        Parent Resources       Information

Monday, May 21, 2012

Crew News May 21, 2012

Avid Readers
Last week I noticed a huddle of kids on the playground during snack time. I walked over to see what they were all doing and it turns out that they were.....reading! It was so wonderful to see but I didn't have my camera so I just enjoyed the moment. The next day I stuck my phone in my pocket on the way out to recess so that I would have a camera just in case it happened again. It did happen again. Cole was reading to a large group of kids while they all ate their snacks and it was turning into a regular event. These are the kinds of moments that teachers live for and this time I had my phone and was able to get a picture to share it with you. (I know that parents live for these moments, too.) These moments simply make my day!

Sight Words

Our last sight words for the year are: favorite, friend, over, school, were
 
Previous words include: as, if, my, be, all, like, she, has, how, put, don't, I'm, one, out, him, look, her, back, had, come, came, make, of, was, now, have, are, said, away, little, very, been, from, here, our, saw, what, your, who, after, with, there, they, because, where, could, before, two

These are great words to point out to your child when they are reading or to have them practice spelling at home, too. 

Ask your child to explain how we practice these words at school using the Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check method.
 


 Homework
Reading ~ Read a good book or two. Let's encourage our avid readers.
Math ~ Home Link 10.2 Telling Time

1 comment:

  1. I really like this post, Jill! Such a powerful picture--what a terrific crew.

    ReplyDelete