Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources for Students        Parent Resources       Information

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Crew News May 9, 2012

Nature Sounds in our Writer's Workshop
While we have been reading and writing books about environmental issues and environmental appreciation, I thought I would play some nature sounds in our classroom as the crew wrote. I found an app for my iPad that has many different nature sounds and hooked it up to our speakers. On the day that we read a book about the rain forest, I played rain forest sounds. Dee and I couldn't believe how quiet the crew was while these sounds were playing. They have been so quiet and absorbed in their writing that we have continued this since that day trying lots of different nature sounds and they still really like it. I know that Dee and I love it, too. It is such a nice, relaxing way to end our day.

Library
We have library tomorrow. Please help your child remember his or her library books. This will be our last visit to the school library for this school year. All books will be due on May 18th.

Next week will be the "Buy One, Get One Free" book fair in the library.

Homework
Reading ~ Read a good book or two.
Math ~ Practice basic addition and subtraction facts

No comments:

Post a Comment