Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources for Students        Parent Resources       Information

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Reading June 12, 2012

I am still reading. Are you? In the picture below, I am reading out on my deck but it is kind of hard to tell from the angle of the picture.
But if you were to turn around, the pictures below show some of the things that I have seen from the deck in my backyard when I look up from my book.


What was I reading? I had two great books that I think some of you would just love ~ Lunch Lady by Jarrett J. Krosoczka and Mal and Chad by Stephen McCranie. They are both graphic novels which means that they look like comic books. I have to say that I never thought I would like this kind of book but I do.

Lunch Lady is kind of like a super hero and she has so many cool gadgets to help her solve problems. She has a cool motorcycle that she hides in a special compartment of the school dumpster, taco shaped night vision goggles, hamburger headphones and much more.

Mal is a boy in 4th grade and Chad is his dog. Mal is very, very smart and he also has invented lots of cool tools. He has a time machine, a machine that will shrink people (and dogs) and much more.

You should check out both of these books at the public library. They are very popular so you might need to put them on hold and pick them up later. You can put them on hold online and you will get an email when they are ready.


I would love to hear about your summer reading. Remember, you can send me a picture and I will put it on our crew blog or you could write a post about your favorite books on your own blog. They are still up and running. I can't wait to hear about what you are reading.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, if I saw that out my back window I don't know if I would ever leave.

    ✰ Kimberley ✰
    First in Maine

    ReplyDelete