Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources for Students        Parent Resources       Information

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Crew News March 6, 2013


World Read Aloud Day
Today is World Read Aloud Day. Be sure to read aloud to your child, have them read aloud to you or even better - do both. We read aloud at school today. You can always check the bookshelf on the side bar of this blog to see what new books we have read aloud each day. You probably won't be surprised to learn that there are many worm books on our shelf. (If you get this post by email, you will need to go directly to our blog to view our book shelf.)

Ms. Noreene read a book called "!" by Amy Krause Rosenthal.
I read aloud everyday. Our current read aloud is Marty Maguire Digs Worms.
Ms. Wendy reads Mr. Putter and Tabby Catch the Cold.



Thank You!
Over the weekend, I finally spent the Amazon gift card that so many of you contributed to as a gift for me. I had so much fun buying books. I bought books for our crew. I bought more Elephant and Piggie books, Fly Guy books, Ricky Ricotta books, Pete the Cat books, Dragon Tales books and Bink and Gollie books. I also pre-ordered some not yet published books in our favorite series. I love picking out books for our crew. I know that there will be so much excitement in the air when I bring them in. Many of the books are due to arrive today which means that I will have to wait until after our Voyage to share them with the crew.  That will be so hard! So thank you so much for the gift card. It will make many people very happy.

I also used our "bonus points" in our recent book order to get some other titles for the crew. Titles like Mal and Chad, Penny and her Song, Baby Mouse, Secret Agent Splat, The Day the Dinosaurs Died, Binky the Space Cat, Joe and Sparky and a pack of Toon Book Readers. These will also make the crew very happy. Thanks to those of your who ordered and earned those bonus points for us. We love getting new books.

As your child out grows books that they are currently reading, please consider donating them to our classroom library. We love donated books, too.

Homework
Reading ~ Read a good book or two.
Math ~ Practice your basic addition and subtraction facts.

Gather your gear for our Winter Voyage tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment