Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources for Students        Parent Resources       Information

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Crew News August 20, 2013

What Are We Learning in Math?
Learning Targets are statements that tell what skills, concepts or standards a child is working on or currently learning. Here are a few of the learning targets that we are working on in math right now:
  • I can make tally marks for numbers.
  • I can count forwards and backwards by 1s.
  • I can tell the numbers that come before or after another number.
  • I can write my numbers 0-9 correctly.
  • I can determine which of two given numbers is greater.
  • I can share my mathematical thinking with the rest of the crew.
  • I am beginning to learn to count by 2s.
  • I am beginning to learn to count by 5s.
  • I am beginning to learn to count by 10s.
It is often fun to practice counting by 2s, 5s and 10s while riding in the car. See how high your child can go when counting by each of these numbers.


Homework
Reading ~ Read a good book or two.
Math ~ Home Link 1.9 Calendars

No comments:

Post a Comment