Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources for Students        Parent Resources       Information

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Writer's Workshop

One day last week, I looked up during Writer's Workshop and noticed that we had turned a corner and we were working like first graders during our writing time. The crew was all so engaged in what they were doing that I just felt like I had to stop conferring with kids for a minute to capture it on video. They are really becoming writers. (Full disclosure: I did take 3 thirty second videos because on my first two tries kids looked up and saw I was filming and waved. I wanted to show them working not waving so I tried again. It was very cute and they went right back to work. I never told the kids I was filming, though.) You will see some students working at their desks and others on the computers. During this work time, Ms. Wendy and I move around the room to confer with different writers - this is their one-on-one teaching/learning time. (If you get this post by email, you will need to go directly to the blog to view the videos.)




Homework
Reading ~ Read a good book or two.
Math ~ Home Link 2.13 Counting Money

No comments:

Post a Comment