Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources for Students        Parent Resources       Information

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Writing

Periodically I take home the students writing folders to read through some of their writing to check to see how they are doing and to note what I need to teach them next. Last weekend, I took some pictures of some writing samples that made me smile. I thought you might like to see them, too. More tomorrow!


Great first line by Trent:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, finally we were there. Micky and Minny and Goofy were there, too.

Nice cover art by Harry:

Sick by Harry with a picture of SkyRidge Hospital

Great example of showing how someone feels rather than just telling how they feel by Will in a story about building with Legos:

Some of the pieces are hard to find. And my face started to get red, my fists were clenched but it was time for school.


Interesting topic by Haley:

Golden Retriever's Training Guide Book

Another great first line and great illustrations by Emma:

I got bored! I just sat in my bed all day long. And then my cousins came over to my house. 8 of my cousins.

An "award" winning 3D book by Brandon:
It may be hard to see but the words are overwritten in two different colors and look like 3D print does when you are not wearing the 3D glasses.

Homework
Reading ~ Read a good book or two.
Math ~ Test tomorrow including problems about: greater than/less than, comparing amounts of coins (who has more or less, how much more or less), function machines (What's My Rule?),  reading a thermometer, telling time (quarter before and quarter after), addition facts, reading a tally chart.

Library
We have library tomorrow. Please help your child remember to bring his or her books back.

No comments:

Post a Comment