Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources        Parent Resources       Information

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Writing

Recently, I read through all of the stories in each child's writing folder. I left them some notes and I found some great stories I thought I would share with you. You will see more great stories written by your child tomorrow at Student-Led Conferences. Below each writing sample, I try to "translate" what each child has written. You will see a wide range of writing skills in a first grade class and that is very normal. Enjoy the stories.



The Thirteen Things I Love About My Mom
1. She is a good cook.
2. She plays games with us.
3. She is really nice.
4. She teaches me stuff.
5. After school she lets me watch TV.
6. She reads me stories before bed.
7. She bought me a desk.
8. She lets us do fun things.
9. She takes care of me.
10. She buys me stuff.

 I went on a bike ride. I saw two snakes. I saw a dead beetle. Ezra screamed. We left. I went to go get a drink. Then I went to get a popsicle.

 Try and Try and Perseverance (a book about one of our character traits)

 I saw a snake at my grandma's house. It was a garden snake. It was medium sized.

 The Broncos won the Broncos game on Sunday 24 to 17. The Broncos are winning almost all year.

 One day I saw a snake on the road. It was a rattlesnake. And the snake didn't get run over by a car.

 It was a Western Diamondback Rattlesnake. We were very close to it.

 Today I went to Ms. Zina's garden. We saw a ladybug. I holded it in my hands. I let it go.

 Ten Things I Love About Hayden
1. You are funny.
2. You are a good friend.
3. You are a good athlete.
4. You are a good athlete.

 Gavin is so excited to be the teacher's helper.

 What do you think? What did you like about the story? (These questions were at the end of a story asking for reader feedback.)

 I went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. I had so much fun. I fed lettuce to the giraffe and there was a baby giraffe, too.


A hummingbird can flap its wings 100 times per second. A hummingbird needs nectar from flowers every 10 minutes.

Homework
Reading ~ Read a good book or two.
Math ~ Home Link 3.2 Odd and Even Numbers
Student-Led Conferences tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment