Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources for Students        Parent Resources       Information

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Things to Look Forward to After Winter Break

Dear Crew,

I hope that you have had an exciting winter break, have read lots of great books and are ready to come back to school on Tuesday. I know I am ready. I can't wait to see you. I have really missed you.

Here are a few things that we have to look forward to after break:

Our Keva Planks should arrive soon. I can't wait to see what you build with them. Here are some pictures of things other people have built with them that I found on the Keva website, here.

Our Winter Voyage - Day 1 will be on February 26th. Here is a sneak peek with pictures from last year.
We will also be finishing up our study of Families in China and then before moving on to our final Expedition (which is still top secret but will be based on Science topics) we will take a little while to learn about some patriotic symbols of our country like our flag, the bald eagle, the Statue of Liberty and more.

Picture from Pics4Learning.com
In math we will learn about fact triangles, functions, geometry and more.



In February in writing we will write our own non-fiction books about an animal of our choice.

For some fun reading, I have gathered a large collection of books from the public library for us to take a look at - some of these are graphic novel/comic type books. They are the next step after the Elephant and Piggie books that we love so much. Also this is the time of year when teachers and librarians make lists of great books from the year before. I have gone through these lists and gathered many new books for us to read and enjoy. I know you will love them. Some pictures (okay, a lot of pictures) are below.









Our Next Read Aloud




Yes, I know that we have already read Sam and Dave Dig a Hole but we need to take a closer look at the ending of this book.

That is a lot to look forward to and I know that I can't wait. See you on Tuesday morning!

Love,
Ms. Jill

Important Dates
1/6 First day back after Winter Break
1/16 No School - Professional Development Day for Teachers
1/19 No School - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
2/13 No School - Professional Development Day for Teachers
2/16 No School - President's Day
2/26 Winter Voyage ~ Day 1 - not an overnight trip (Day 2 will be in April - also not an overnight trip)
3/23 - 4/3 Spring Break  

No comments:

Post a Comment