Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources        Parent Resources       Information

Monday, January 2, 2017

Welcome Back to School!

Dear Crew,
I hope that you have had an exciting winter break, have read lots of great books and are ready to come back to school on Wednesday. I know I am ready. I can't wait to see you. I have really missed you.

Here are a few things that we have to look forward to after break:

Wonder and Explore Station
We will experiment with a Snap Circuits, Jr. set - see the photos below. (It would be great to have some donations of AA batteries for this station.) I also have some very beautiful new geodes to add to our rock collection. We have lots to explore!




Our Winter Voyage - will be on February 23rd. Here is a sneak peek with pictures from a couple of years ago.




Before moving on to our final Expedition (which will be based on Science topics) we will take a little while to learn about some patriotic symbols of our country like our flag, the bald eagle, the Statue of Liberty and more.


Picture from Pics4Learning.com
In math we will learn about fact families, functions, geometry and more.



In February in writing we will write our own non-fiction books about an animal of our choice.

For some fun reading, I have gathered a collection of graphic novels (comic books) for us to explore. I know you are going to love them!








 That is a lot to look forward to and I know that I can't wait. See you on Wednesday morning!

Remember to bring your library books and your take home bag of 10 books back.


Love,
Ms. Jill

Important Dates
1/4 First day back after Winter Break
1/13 No school for students - Professional Development Day
1/16 No school - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
2/17 No school for students -  Professional Development Day
2/20 No school - President's Day
2/23 Winter Voyage for 1st grade - one day only, not an overnight trip, no day of rest needed
3/20 - 4/3 Spring Break

No comments:

Post a Comment