I hope that you have had an exciting winter break, have read lots of great books and are ready to come back to school on Wednesday. I know I am ready. I can't wait to see you. I have really missed you.
Here are a few things that we have to look forward to after break:
Wonder and Explore Station
We will experiment with a Snap Circuits, Jr. set - see the photos below. (It would be great to have some donations of AA batteries for this station.) I also have some very beautiful new geodes to add to our rock collection. We have lots to explore!
Our Winter Voyage - will be on February 23rd. Here is a sneak peek with pictures from a couple of years ago.
Before moving on to our final Expedition (which will be based on Science topics) we will take a little while to learn about some patriotic symbols of our country like our flag, the bald eagle, the Statue of Liberty and more.
![]() |
| Picture from Pics4Learning.com |
In February in writing we will write our own non-fiction books about an animal of our choice.
For some fun reading, I have gathered a collection of graphic novels (comic books) for us to explore. I know you are going to love them!
That is a lot to look forward to and I know that I can't wait. See you on Wednesday morning!
Remember to bring your library books and your take home bag of 10 books back.
Love,
Ms. Jill
Important Dates
1/4 First day back after Winter Break
1/13 No school for students - Professional Development Day
1/16 No school - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
2/17 No school for students - Professional Development Day
2/20 No school - President's Day
2/23 Winter Voyage for 1st grade - one day only, not an overnight trip, no day of rest needed
3/20 - 4/3 Spring Break








No comments:
Post a Comment