Some times when I am looking for books for the crew, I simply put a subject into the search box on the website of the public library and see what comes up. Recently I put in snow, snowman and winter and found a whole collection of great books. The crew is enjoying the wide variety of books that we have. I did this from home and put the books that looked appealing on hold. Then when the books are in at the library they send me an email letting me know that I can go pick them up. It is a quick and easy way to find books on a specific topic or by a specific author.
Some times I hear about a new series from other teachers on Twitter and I check and see if the public library has books in that series. That is the case with these nonfiction books below. They turned out to be great finds, too!
Some times I need books that address a specific behavior problem that we are dealing with in the crew. The library never lets me down. I can find books on almost every single topic I can think of - and it is so easy to put them on hold and then go pick them up.
Other times, I just keep a list by my computer and jot down titles that I hear about. When the list has a good selection of books on it, I head to the library's website and see which ones I can find and put on hold. These are are few that we have really, really enjoyed recently.
Home Learning ~ Read a good book or two or try an online book. Check out a Bedtime Math story or play a math game.
No comments:
Post a Comment