Well, we did it! We moved my daughter into her dorm room today. I was so worried about how we all would handle it but we all did a great job. Phew... We still have more orientation sessions tomorrow and Saturday but I am even beginning to think that leaving her won't be as awful as I have been worried about. She is ready. (She needs sleep after her backpacking trip but she is ready.)
Did you know that her first grade classroom was the same classroom that our crew is in now? It makes me smile to think about that and it makes me want to remind you that even though it is a cliche, they do grow up so fast. So don't blink and enjoy every minute of it - even those exasperating moments because when you look back some of those moments will make you smile.
My little girl is now a freshman in college and the milestones are racing past - middle school, high school, learning to drive, first jobs, first boyfriend, first trips without us and on and on.
So remember, parenting, like teaching, is hard but like the sign on our classroom wall says, we can do hard things.
I think that this email will be our crew blog post for today. Ms. Cate said that the crew had a very good day and sent me some photos of them to prove it. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment