I hope that you have had an exciting winter break, have read lots of great books and are ready to come back to school on Tuesday. I know I am ready. I can't wait to see you. I have really missed you.
Here are a few things that we have to look forward to after break:
Winter Voyage
We will be going on our Winter Voyage on February 19th. It is a day trip but it will be so much fun! Here are a couple of photos from previous years.
Patriotic Symbols
In between our Expeditions, we will take a little time to learn about patriotic symbols of the United States and some famous Americans. We will learn so many fascinating facts. Here are a few of the resources we will use. More are coming!
Writing
Ms. Cate will be teaching a unit on writing "how-to" books soon after we come back from break. Be thinking about what you want to teach your friends to do!
We will add a water color option to the Build and Create Station.
All of this and so much more is coming like learning more about addition, subtraction, vocabulary, vowel pairs, learning a new game called Melting Snowman, a Valentine's Day party, researching animals and reading lots and lots of great books! I can't wait to see you and get started on Tuesday!
Important Dates
1/7 No School for Students
1/8 First Day Back for Students
1/18 No School for Students - Professional Development Day for Teachers
1/21 No School - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
2/14 Valentine's Day Party 3:00 pm
2/15 No School for Students - Professional Development Day for Teachers
2/18 No School - President's Day
2/19 Winter Voyage for First Grade - Day Trip - No Day of Rest
3/16 - 4/1 Spring Break

No comments:
Post a Comment