Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources for Students        Parent Resources       Information

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Henry and Mudge Books

While I love to keep up with all of the great new books for children that are being published all the time, I also have a few older favorites. One of these older favorites are books from the Henry and Mudge series and the Annie and Snowball series. These books have sweet, timeless stories so their publishing date is not an issue. Kids still love these books. We are starting a new study of comprehension using these books. We will focus on characters, problems and solutions, lessons in a story and the different perspectives of different characters. These books make great family read alouds, too. We read these books over and over again to my own daughter. Then she read them over and over again to herself and now that she is a senior in high school, there is still a basket of these books on the top shelf of her closet. She wants to keep them to read to her own children someday. She loves when I gather these books from the public library to bring in to school for the crew because it gives her an excuse to read them yet again. I have to admit that I love them, too, and can read them over and over again myself. Be sure to check out some books in these series if you haven't already.







No comments:

Post a Comment