Solving problems with one or both addends unknown
I have 7 crayons. 5 crayons are blue. The rest are red. How many crayons are red?
or
I have 10 crayons. Some are red. Some are blue. How many of each could I have? How many red? How many blue? Find as many combinations as you can.
Games about Unknow Change
We play many games during our math time - online and offline - that help us think about unknown change or unknown addends. Below are some screenshots of some of the games we play. Sometimes we play them on our ipads and sometimes we use cards or cubes or cups to play them. You can play them at home, too. Click on the links below to learn the rules. They are all great ways to help us develop those algebraic thinking skills.
How Many Am I Hiding?
Counters in a Cup
Important Dates
2/12 Valentine's Day Party 10-11 am
2/13 Winter Voyage for First Grade
2/14 No School ~ Professional Development for Teachers
2/17 No School ~ Presidents' Day
3/16-3/30 Spring Break


No comments:
Post a Comment