Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources for Students        Parent Resources       Information

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Crew News September 22, 2011

Exercise in the Classroom
We have several ways that we move our bodies in our classroom. We do some stretching on Fridays during our morning meeting. We have body and/or brain breaks where we pretend to walk on a tight rope, walk like a penguin, pretend to swim or some other imaginative activity. This week we added basic exercise moves to our transitions between classes. We do push-ups, crunches, leg lifts, squats, lunges, jumping jacks and much more (but not all on one day). I had Mr. Doug approve our list of exercises when I started doing this with my class last year. I really believe in the power of movement. It is not only good for the body and the attention span but it is good for the brain, too. (No photos today - they all turned out too blurry because we were moving!)
  
Homework
No homework for the weekend. Enjoy a few good books with your child.

IA
Our IA next week is PE. Please help your child remember to wear appropriate footwear.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have added 'brain breaks' to the day! I'm sure the kids do too. Maybe I should also practice this during my day. =)

    ReplyDelete