Home        About        Adventure Education          Resources        Parent Resources       Information

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Things to Look Forward to After Winter Break

Dear Crew,

I hope that you have had an exciting winter break, have read lots of great books and are ready to come back to school on Tuesday. I know I am ready. I can't wait to see you. I have really missed you.

Here are a few things that we have to look forward to after break:

Wonder and Explore Station
We have been looking at items from China and Australia during our time at the Wonder and Explore Station but in February, we will experiment with a Snap Circuits, Jr. set - see the photos below. (It would be great to have some donations of AA batteries for this station.) I also have some very large buttons to add to our button box and a bag of shells to add to our shell collection. We have lots to explore!




Our Winter Voyage - will be on February 25th. Here is a sneak peek with pictures from a couple of years ago.




We will also be finishing up our study of Families in China and then before moving on to our final Expedition (which will be based on Science topics) we will take a little while to learn about some patriotic symbols of our country like our flag, the bald eagle, the Statue of Liberty and more.


Picture from Pics4Learning.com
In math we will learn about fact families, functions, geometry and more.



In February in writing we will write our own non-fiction books about an animal of our choice.

For some fun reading, I have gathered a large collection of Henry and Mudge books from the public library for us to read and enjoy! They are some of my very favorites. I also got some about Puppy Mudge and some about Henry's cousin, Annie and her pet rabbit Snowball. I know that you will all love these books as much as I do.





That is a lot to look forward to and I know that I can't wait. See you on Tuesday morning!

Remember to bring your library books back.

Love,
Ms. Jill

Important Dates
1/5 First day back after break
1/8 Gear Swap 4 pm to 8 pm
1/9 Gear Swap 9 am to 2 pm
1/15 No School ~ Professional Development for Teachers
1/18 No School ~ Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
2/5 Vision and Hearing Screening
2/25 Winter Voyage ~ day trip only
3/2 Life is Art Artists Edition 4 pm
3/5 Life is Art ~ Adult Event 6 pm Kirk Hall
3/19 - 4/3 Spring Break
4/4 No School ~ Teacher Work Day



No comments:

Post a Comment